Sunday, April 5, 2009

Danger: Soft Rubber Shoes

Confusing, interesting, inappropriate, and funny English signs:


Do they sell upscale cakes and clothes?


The perfect spot to say "I swear I'll love you forever"


Calling for help if drowning is strictly forbidden


This sounds like an animated kids' movie, not a company


You can't carry birds into the metro, but can you strap them to your legs?
(see Australia for details: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/03/pigeon-trousers-customs-australia-dubai )


If you are wearing faded rolled-up jeans with white socks and red crocs, you have bigger problems than your toes getting stuck in the escalator


This little cell phone guy gets me every time- I think he's so cute.
Then again, I stare at him as I answer my phone loudly in English.


I'm often tempted to chew gum illegally...


"Hey! No eating allowed!

You don't know this rule? Are you an alien?"


"Sorry...

I am an alien"


A restaurant rooted in history: founded in 2002

I've never seen guard penguins before: "Pedestrians only"

2 comments:

  1. Jess, those photos are hilarious!
    I like imagining you laughing at the cell phone man.... also your commentary on the red crocs is hilarious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW so great!!! But I live by most of these rules...the last time I was drowning I kept both hands (along with my head) under water...

    ReplyDelete